Density-functional theory codes
- Vienna Ab initio Simulation Package (VASP) code
- Quantum opEn-Source Package for Research in Electronic Structure, Simulation, and Optimization: Quantum-ESPRESSO package
- All-electron full-potential linearised augmented-plane wave (FP-LAPW) "Electrons in k-space" Elk code
- Density functional for molecules and three-dimensional periodic solids (DMol3) code
- Octopus code for time-dependent density-functional theory (TD-DFT) calculations
- Fritz Haber Institute - Ab Initio Molecular Simulations (FHI-aims) code
- Cambridge Serial Total Energy Package (CASTEP) code
- Large-scale Atomic/Molecular Massively Parallel Simulator (LAMMPS)
- General Utility Lattice Program (GULP)
- Open-source software for parallel molecular simulations (PIMD)
- Visualization for Electronic and Structural Analysis (VESTA) program
- sumo: Python toolkit for plotting and analysis of ab initio solid-state calculation data, built on existing Python packages from the solid-state chemistry/physics community [GitHub]
- Graphical Display Interface for Structures (GDIS) program
- p4vasp: Visualization GUI for the VASP code
- Avogadro: An advanced molecule editor and visualizer
- CatLearn: An environment for atomistic machine learning in Python for applications in surface science and catalysis (including a machine learning nudged elastic band (ML-NEB) algorithm)
- GOFEE: Efficient global structure optimization with a machine-learned surrogate model -- A Python code for performing global structure search, coupling genetic algorithms with machine learning techniques [GitLab]
- CALYPSO (Crystal structure AnaLYsis by Particle Swarm Optimization) is an efficient structure prediction method and it requires only chemical compositions for a given compound to predict stable or metastable structures at given external conditions. It can thus be used to predict/determine the crystal structure and design the multi-functional materials.
- XtalOpt: Open-source evolutionary algorithm designed to predict crystal structures.
- The Atomic Energy NETwork (ænet) package is a collection of tools for the construction and application of atomic interaction potentials based on artificial neural networks (ANN)
- GIBBS2: Quasi-harmonic Debye model for thermodynamics of solids.
- ELectron Spectroscopy Analysis (ElSA): Program package allowing to calculate Near-Edge X-ray Absorption Fine Structure (NEXAFS) and X-ray Emission Spectra (XES) of bulk and surface materials within initial- and final-state one-electron approximations as well as in the framework of the Mahan-Nozieres-De Dominicis (MND) theory of the dynamical core-hole screening.
- Sternheimer GW: Many-body perturbation theory without empty states
- multiX: Program to calculate the energy levels of an atom in a crystal field defined by the charges and positions of its neighbours, and to plot the resulting XAS and RIXS spectra.
- Phonopy and Phono3py: Python-based lattice dynamics and phonon analyzer.
- Self Consistent Ab Initio Lattice Dynamical method (SCAILD; implemented in the scph code): A method for calculating temperature-dependent phonon spectra self-consistently from first principles.
- ALAMODE is a scientific software designed for analyzing lattice anharmonicity and lattice thermal conductivity of solids. By using an external DFT package such as VASP and Quantum ESPRESSO, you can extract harmonic and anharmonic force constants straightforwardly with ALAMODE. Using the calculated anharmonic force constants, you can also estimate lattice thermal conductivity, phonon linewidth, and other anharmonic phonon properties from first principles.
- Boltzmann Transport Properties II (BoltzTraP2): A modern implementation of the smoothed Fourier interpolation algorithm for electronic bands that can be used for the calculation of thermoelectric transport coefficients as functions of temperature and chemical potential in the rigid-band picture. [GitLab]
- icet: A Pythonic approach to cluster expansions (including code to perform Wang-Landau Monte Carlo runs and generate Special Quasirandom Structures (SQS)
- Site Occupancy Disorder (SOD) code: A package of programs and tools for modelling site-disordered solids.
- Rigorous Investigation of Networks Generated using Simulations (RINGS): A Fortran90/MPI code developed to analyze the results of molecular dynamics simulations, using ring statistics to analyze connectivity.
- GitHub is an incredibly powerful open source code collaboration/development platform and git repository manager. It makes it easier for developers to be developers: To work together, to solve challenging problems, to create the world’s most important technologies. MTG has a GitHub account too!
- Local-Orbital Basis Suite Towards Electronic-Structure Reconstruction (LOBSTER): A crystal orbital Hamilton population (COHP) that studies bonding and antibonding contributions to the band-structure energy, and shows the contribution of a specific chemical bond to the band energy. The integrated COHP also hints towards the bond strength of the chemical bond in question.
- Z2Pack is a tool for calculating topological invariants. The method is based on tracking the evolution of hybrid Wannier functions, which is equivalent to the computation of the Wilson loop. Originally developed for calculating ℤ2 invariants, it is now also capable of calculating Chern numbers. Moreover, through the use of individual Chern numbers it can be used to identify any kind of topological phase.
- WannierTools: Use tight binding model to get the surface states of slab systems or edge states of nanowire systems or just bulk bands. Especially usefull for topological novel systems, including topological insulator, Dirac semimetal, Weyl semimetal, nodal line systems, nodal chain systems, triple point systems and unknown topological systems.
MTG has assess to the high-performance supercomputer Nurion 누리온 at the Korea Institute of Science and Technology Information Supercomputing Center (KISTI-KSC). Nurion has been ranked 11th in the TOP500 list (June 2018), providing 25,705.9 TFlops Rpeak. The system is configured with Intel Xeon Phi 7250 (KNL) 1.4GHz processors and Intel Xeon 6148 (Skylake) 2.4GHz for 564,740 and 5,280 computing cores, respectively.
누리온은 계산 노드, CPU-only 노드, Omni-Path 인터커넥트 네트워크, Burst Buffer고속 스토리지, Lustre기반의 병렬파일시스템, RDHx (Rear Door Heat Exchanger) 기반의 수냉식 냉각장치로 구성된 시스템입니다. 누리온의 계산노드는 8,305개의 인텔 제온파이 프로세서(코드명 "Knight Landing")노드이며 CPU-only노드는 132개의 인텔 제온 프로세서(코드명 "Skylake") 노드입니다. 총 이론성능은 25.7펩타플롭스로 2018년 6월 기준(https://www.top500.org) 세계 11위에 올라가 있습니다.
Our group also has assess to high performance supercomputing facilities in Australia, through a long-term, active collaboration with the Condensed Matter Theory (CMT) group [led by Prof. Catherine Stampfl] in the School of Physics, University of Sydney, Australia: NCI National Facility, Australia - the supercomputer, Gadi.
Gadi houses around 3,000 nodes containing Intel's second-generation Xeon Scalable ‘Cascade Lake’ processor with two 24-core CPUs, 192 Gigabytes of RAM per node, and 640 GPUs.
In addition, our group owns an in-house InfiniBand connected Intel cluster of 36 nodes, making up a total of more than 500 cores.